Wednesday, August 12, 2009

How Majestic

"O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! When I consider the moon and the stars which you have ordained...what is man that you are mindful of him?" Psalm 8

Tonight, God graced me with His majesty and His sweetness. Our favorite meteorologist, Gary Lezak, told us that there was a meteor shower that could be observed, and at just that time, I heard my favorite mini-man stomping around upstairs, 2 hours after his bedtime! So I met him at the back door -- the mini-man, not the meteorologist -- and we snuggled on the chaise lounge on the deck for about 30 minutes.

I never did observe a meteor, though Christian did, and we both observed the beauty of the Lord, even with the "light pollution" from the city. It was so peaceful, a moment captured with my son that nothing can ever take from us. We talked softly, making wishes and then sharing the secret with one another. We dreamed together about where the airplanes we saw were taking people...Africa? Asia? New Zealand? We wondered if there were mothers and sons traveling together, just like us, or maybe even a "family of seven, just like us!" That's two girls, two boys, two dogs, and a cat, you know.

My heart is still so full I just want to cry. I shared the beauty of the Lord, the One who loves us most, with the one I love most in this world. Thank you, Father, for this family time we have had.

1 comment:

Angie said...

This is so sweet! Reminds me to appreciate the little things & to live life abundantly just as you & Christian did out on the deck! Thanks for sharing!